Who We Are
GOOD NEWS ACROSS SPORTS
WHO WE ARE
Good News Across Sports (formally Good News Across Orange) began in 2013 as a way to unite churches and mission boards of like mind and purpose in fulfilling the call to reach boys and girls with the Good News of Jesus. Through fun and engaging sports camps, boys and girls learn not only the basics and skills of the sport, but they are introduced to Jesus and learn how to develop character that counts. The camps target children grades K-5 and are taught, and coached by adults and teenagers (who have been trained). For a full week each summer all across Orange County and the surrounding area, camps are held in churches, parks, schools, Day Cares, and community centers. Each camp offers at least two different sports, huddle time sessions, and snack time. Kids are dropped off and picked up by their parents each day. Each Sports camp lasts 2-3 hours depending upon the location.
As churches and partners, we have agreed to put aside denominational distinctions and to settle on these core foundational beliefs.
- All Scripture is given by the inspiration of God, which we call THE BIBLE
- The Godhead eternally exists in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are one God, having the same nature, attributes, and perfection.
- In the personality and Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Jesus became the sinner’s substitute before God and died as a sacrifice for the sins of the world.
- In the resurrection of the crucified body of Jesus Christ, who was raised from the dead and ascended into Heaven where He sits on the right hand of God.
- The moment we trust Christ as our Savior we pass out of death into everlasting life, justified from all things.
- That the church is composed of all those who truly believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior.
WOULD YOUR CHURCH OR ORGANIZATION LIKE TO BE INVOLVED IN GOOD NEWS ACROSS SPORTS? CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION!